- Soil Science Society of America
- North American Association for Environmental Education
- Association of Conservation Districts
- Project Learning Tree
- Project Food, Land & People
- Lepold Education Project
- Project WET
- Project WILD
- EE Link
North Carolina Links
- Environmental Educators of North Carolina
- NC Project Learning Tree
- NC Project WET
- NC Project WILD
- Project CATCH
- SMART Challenge
- NC Office of Environmental Education
Soil Education Resources On The Web
- Soil Biological Communities, Just for Kids BLM’s Wilber the soil wizard helps young students (ages 9 through 11) become soil experts.
- “The Dirt on Soil” (grades 5 though 8)
A link to the Discovery Channel. Includes sections on the layers of soil, things under your feet, and a journey underground.
- Dr. Dirt
Hands-on, exploratory learning activities based on methods of scientific inquiry will encourage interest in science, soil, engineering, agriculture, and natural resources.
- Field Museum – Underground Adventure
This site contains virtual movies of the exhibit “Underground Adventure” at The Field Museum, experiments for learning, and even a virtual terrarium.
- S. K. Worm
S.K. Worm, the official annelid (or worm) of the Natural Resources Conservation Service answers questions about soil.
Organizations & Conservation Education Supplies:
- Ag in the Classroom, by USDA
- Conservation Action Through Education
- Cooking Up Great Conservation Education Programs
- Wet in the City Curriculum and Activity Guide
- ENVIROSCAPE® MODELS
- Save Our Streams Program
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators – Agricultural Education Resources (9/25/03)
- National Association of Conservation Districts
- WOW: The Wonders of Wetlands
- Robo Cow from Canada’s USDA – – A flash animated powerpoint teaching tool for BMPs. Suitable for 10 year olds and up.
- Soil and Water Conservation Society of America
- Water Environment Federation
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- USDA Farm Service Agency
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Tidbits for Teachers