APPLICATION PERIOD ENDS AT 5 PM ON FEBRUARY 7, 2021
Application Form https://fs25.formsite.com/ArEG8K/peids8lxbj/form_login.html
Program Basic Criteria – The Foundation is accepting online applications only!
- The Foundation plans to award merit-based scholarships up to $5,000 per student per school year, renewable at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee. The program typically awards 10 to 15 scholarships per year at $1,000 per student. Subsequent awards are contingent upon successful academic progression. Current scholars are required to submit a new application each year.
- The applicant is expected to have a declared major in the following; agronomy, agricultural engineering, agriculture sustainability, agriculture education, animal science, forestry, natural resource conservation or management, plant science, soil science, water management, water quality, wildlife management or other closely related degree programs.
- The applicant must be a resident of North Carolina, attend a college in North Carolina, and have achieved academic excellence in their high school or in their undergraduate studies to date. During the selection process, consideration will be given to superior academic accomplishments, extracurricular activities, honors and achievements obtained.
- Applicant eligibility will be influenced by the amount of any scholarships previously awarded and any demonstrated financial hardships.
- Priority is given to students who have advanced in their undergraduate studies to demonstrate a clear commitment to achieve a Bachelor of Science degree in a course of study consistent with skill sets needed for seeking employment in the arena of natural resource management and agriculture. Students who have completed at least 50% of their required degree credit hours will receive additional consideration.
- Applicants currently enrolled in college are required to submit an official transcript of all college courses completed by December 31, 2020. High School transcripts are acceptable if the student has not completed a semester of college as of January 31, 2021. Transcripts are to be mailed directly from the college or high school to the Foundation.
- Interviews may be held with qualifying applicants before a final decision is made by the Scholarship Selection Committee. Awards will be made in April 2021.
- Prior to awarding the scholarship, the recipient must be classified as a full-time college student. Funds will be deposited with the college’s financial aid office for payment of eligible expenses.
- Applicants may submit up to three letters of recommendation. A support letter from your Soil and Water Conservation District board is encouraged. Letters should be submitted from the letter writer to Michelle Lovejoy directly either by email or mail.
Additional questions should be directed to Michelle Lovejoy, Executive Director [email protected]. Transcripts should be mailed to NC Foundation for Soil and Water Conservation at:
5171 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 330, Raleigh NC 27612.